Monday, June 23, 2008

it's just another monday...

so it's monday...SURPRISE! so if you don't know - the olympic trials have been going on and women's gymnastics was on this weekend! i love gymnastics and it is probably my favorite summer olympic event! i'm just not quite sure how those girls like wearing those leotards all the time...?! eryn (my pseudo-roommate) and i decided that if there olympics for dogs, sophie would be the gold medalist for gymnastics. she has many abilities including the prairie dog, jumping in the air, rolling on her back, doing the splits, and of course...a beautiful smile! and she would be perfect for it because she is short and stocky and those little legs of hers are so powerful! 08.08.08...here comes the olympics!

yesterday was kyle and brandon's birthday and the little shindig we put together was a success! we all enjoyed eating together and having a little sugar afterwards at jenny and cassidy's house!

i'm moving into my apartment this saturday and it is going to be such a relief to finally have a place to settle in to. i've enjoyed staying at different places with different people (or just sophie) but i'm ready to have my bed back and my own furniture, space for all my stuff, and to finally stop living out of bags!

today i got a surprise phone call from my old boss, becky. my mom had told her all the transition i was going through with graduating and the new grad school road, and to my surprise...she went through a very similar situation as a senior as i am going through. it was so refreshing to here that i'm not the only crazy one feeling this way. and that it does take a while in and through experience to understand how possible it is to work and live a life for christ at the same time. i knew there was a reason i always liked her...haha! after a weekend of discomfort, it was so good to here some affirmation about the direction the lord is leading me in! praise the lord!

so i said that i was going to blog on friday...but that didn't quite happen so now i can blog about blogging! i saw alex at common grounds wednesday night and we chatted for a while about life and stuff. i told her that i had just opened a blogging account and that i was excited to use it because all of the posse is using it and girls i know from zeta! she told me she had a blog but hadn't written anything on it...and that she only opened the account so she could read what beegs was blogging about! haha! so we challenged each other to write at least one post each week! so alex...when you read this...here's me challenging you to post your life story for the week! good luck!

one last thing before i exit. i was doing my quite time this morning and the lord was teaching me about how extravagant his love is for me and how he lavishes it upon me all the time. i started getting this overwhelming feeling that i desire to love people in the same manner in which christ loves me! and as these feelings grow stronger, i become nearer to the heart of the father. one thing that i really came away with today was this: how sad, that it is possible to know god but never truly experience god. if i want intimacy with god, i must nurture a grateful heart that glorifies jesus in and through everything. be blessed...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

hey laddles! i'm so glad that two of my besties are chatting it up at common grounds! guess what...i see you in a week! yay!!!

ps alex will never blog. it's not in her blood.

Celina said...

hey lauren...i'm in waco too...we should hang!